Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The alarm clock..

Why is it so hard to get out of bed in the morning? You would think that after so much time laying down, one would want to get up and stretch... today, was not that day. Nick had the alarm set for 4:15am, so he could get up and get a work out in before his day at work started. Luckily, for him, Chevron has a gym upstairs, and he is able to do that before. He was working out after, but I like for to come home asap, so now he goes in early, and I mean early.
So, there I was; snug as a bug in a rug. I did not want to move, so I told myself, I will just get up an hour later. Nick will kiss me good-bye, and I will just lay here for another hour. WRONG!!! I totally fell back to sleep, and I was sleeping good, because I rolled over, looked at the clock, and it said, 6:27... aaahhhh, I had to really JUMP out of bed, get Dasher up, fed, showered, dressed and to the bus. Our routine this morning was a little whacked, but we made it. Phew! Then after the bus, the house was still hush silent, I just decided to weed the garden instead of working out. I really hate Bob in the morning anyway:)
Yesterday, with it being a holiday, I was able to go for a ride in the morning. I love that I am able to go farther and ride longer periods of time, because I am getting stronger. The hill, or should I say slope, back to our home is getting easier. Today I made no bake cookies, one the of the greatest cookies EVER, and it is easy for me to just make them for the kids.... I love that I am getting stronger in every way!!!!
Nick should be home on time tonight, and I think I will go for a ride. I did the strength part, and planned on walking, but Mother Nature had other plans in store. I can ride in the rain, I can run in the rain, it's just that Bosston and Lucy, do not like the rain. I love healthy kids, and I do not want sick kids, so I will wait.....
On the menu tonight, Spirals and Meatballs. The meatballs are already made, and they smelled yummy while they were baking. I will include the recipe! I was noticing something this am while I was making the meatballs. I am a cook who just dumps, adds, and stirs. I "follow" a recipe, but usually end up doing what I feel like. I like to create things, add spice, and what not, but with these recipes, and our plan to see this to the finish, I have to measure, weigh, whip, fold, bake and add what it calls for, not what I like. So, this is a challenge in itself.... We will blog our way through the Biggest Loser Cookbook!!!!!!
Much love in our bloggin journey, Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment